Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Finished Book 1 & Starting Book 2

I finished my first book, Divergent.  I really liked it. I read it per John Green's recommendation on his guide to books video recently, in which he recommended Divergent to those who liked The Hunger Games series. Honestly, I liked the Hunger Games series well enough, but I found Divergent WAY more captivating.  The first Hunger Games book took me almost 6 months to get through because I kept becoming disinterested in it. Divergent moved slowly in some places but it wasn't hard to get though and I didn't have to force myself though any part of it.

I'm really loving this dystopian theme, so to continue my 50 books challenge, I ordered Insurgent (the second book in the Divergent series), Matched by Allie Condie, and Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (both of which are actually on John's video as well for those who liked HG, though I didn't realize that until after).

Starting my second book, Insurgent, tonight. :)

-Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment