Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Forever...

I started and finished Forever... by Judy Bloom today.  It's a very quick read, but I see why it's used as a standard to mark YA literature.  I saw somewhere that Judy Bloom was a YA author ahead of her time, and I completely agree.  I didn't realize until about half-way through that this book wasn't "set" in the modern day,.  It was published in 1975 and after reading it, for a little bit of the language and just a few references, that fits. The thing is, the writing is actually so real that is doesn't feel like some stiff 70's attempt at a young romance novel.... it feels like being stuck in a teenage girl's head while she's going through dating, love, sex, etc.  I can see why it's considered a classic of sorts.

I really did like it and I'm glad that I finally ended up reading it.

Trying to make my way through The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart but thus far, I've not been too captivated.  I guess we'll see if it make the cut.

Anyways, 6 down, 44 to go!

Happy Reading!
-Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment